1 10K ISLANDS : Surfer Blood Vs. Joy Division

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Surfer Blood Vs. Joy Division

Being a South Florida label/blog, we LOVE Surfer Blood. In fact, ANR is playing with Surfer Blood in in a couple weeks in Bal Harbour. John Hancock of ANR is such a big Surfer Blood fan that he has been wearing their t-shirt around the studio. Every time I see it I can't help but think that I've seen that image somewhere else. Am I crazy or is this Astro Coast t-shirt 99% the same as Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures album art???
The pulses from Unknown Pleasures are transformed into waves...
for surfing...
I get it now.
 Above: Surfer Blood. 
Below: Joy Division.
 
Kind of paying homage to Joy Division, kind of too similar? 
More on the Joy Division cover art available at Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment